Friday, November 18, 2005

Searching for the source of grace

I've got a lot to remember.

I heard this week that I must work to be more gentle, which really means to allow myself to have more fun, to be softer, to be touched by softness. This from an unlikely pairing of sources, whose distinct emotional timbre allowed me to hear the message in stark concert that resolves in stereo.

Part of this art lies in not forcing your life to happen but rather letting it wash over your awareness and feel simply ... graced. Feeling gratitude for grace.

Here to help me remember, some lines from my ole poet standby, T.S. Eliot. A hard man whose words somehow soften me:

From Four Quartets:
I said to my soul, be still, and wait without hope wait without love
For love would be love of the wrong thing; there is yet faith
But the faith and love and hope are all in the waiting.
Wait without thought, for you are not ready for thought:
So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing.
...
And all shall be well and
All manner of things shall be well

From The Wasteland:
Shantih shantih shantih
(The peace that passes understanding.)

No comments:

Post a Comment