Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Downfall

Today my heart is heavy. Technology can't solve what the human heart can't provide for itself. A sister can't e-mail if the feelings hurt too much for words.

I am humbled by my own limitations at building relationship within my own family. I am studying for a masters degree in Community Building, and I can't pick up the phone and call my own sister. I have to e-mail her an apology for a most-likely unforgivable hurt.

Today I am haunted by a phrase from a birthday card hint by my friend Maggie (see m-pyre.blogspot.com for her profile) referring to the amazing movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: "We learn from what we'd like to forget." How true is that?

So today I explore the infinite abyss, in silence and in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment