Thursday, September 01, 2005

Feels big, doesn't it?

Something's building. I've heard other people talking about it, too, so it's not just me. Duke City Fix mentioned it after the National Poetry Slam was over, the same weekend of We Art the People festival and other ABQ occurences. And there's the fight about downtown all-ages venues. Maybe I'm just enlarging my circle and therefore hearing about more things, but ... I don't think that's true.

Things are circulating differently these days. I hear about something I'm interested from a whole other source than I might expect. That's confluence, which always bodes well for major energy shifts -- personally, politically, and socially.

It feels like things are getting done. I'm hoping to ride this wave to ... dare I say it? ... degree completion, but more than that, to a reassessment of where I should put my energy. There's a lot I can do, many directions to go. I just want to make sure that the effort is worthwhile -- that I'm spending time and talent in areas that will mean something. To me, yes, but hopefully, to community. That word! That word! You keep using that word! And maybe it doesn't mean what you think it means.

But it's everything, isn't it? That connection that transcends our best efforts -- that IS our best efforts in a very real sense.

I just feel building. I'm feeling around in the dark for my hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment