Friday, February 19, 2021

Letter from the Porch - Wendi Moore Oneal


 

1:21 "I am manifesting protection..." Michaela Harrison

I am manifesting protection
There's a forcefield all around keeping me safe and whole
I am manifesting protection
There's a love inside that fortifies my soul

We are...
Ze is...
He is...
She is...
I am...

4:37 "By the water of Babylon..."

By the water of Babylon
Where we sat down
And where we wept
When we remember Zion

When they carried us away to captivity
And they required of us a song
How can we sing our holy songs
In a Strange land

So let the words the words of my mouth
And meditations of my heart
Be acceptable in thy sight
Oh v'ry

6:38 I am solid like a rock

I am solid like a rock
I am rooted like a tree
I am here
Standing tall
In my rightful place

9:00 "I sing to charge the air with my belief..."

10:40 "Let your little light shine, shine, shine"

Let your little light shine, shine, shine (x 2)
Because there may be somebody down in the valley trying to get home
So let your little light shine, shine, shine (x2)

13:34 I got a right to the tree of life (Call and response)

"Loude, Loude, I got a right, I got a right to the tree of life"
I done told you...
I got a right
I told you
I got a right
I told you
I got a right
I got a right to the tree of life

My mama said...
If they got...
When we got...
If we got...
The ground know...
Them birds say...


16:03 Amen

Amen
Freedom

18:50 "Spirituals come from times during enslavement. Freedom songs come from time after enslavement."

19:35 "Freedom over Me"

Oh Freedom
Oh Freedom
Oh Freedom over me
And before I'll be a slave
I'll be buried in my grave
And I'll fight for my right
To be free

21:41 We have been burned

We have been burned
Burned by the fire
And we are ashes
Ashes and smoke
But we will rise
Higher and higher
On the wings of compassion
Justice and hope

23:37 We are the children

We are the children
of the ones who would not die
We are the children
of the people who can fly
We are the children
of the ones who persevere
We are fearless
We are strong
And we're ready to carry on




No comments:

Post a Comment