Wednesday, October 07, 2020

 Weird thing. 

My family traveled to Umeå, Sweden a year ago for a memorial for my husband's mother.

The kids, then 10 and 6, did great. But every time we passed McDonald's the call of "home" was almost undeniable.

We ate there for the first time in Stockholm, and I was thrilled to see a "Chicken and Hummus Salad" on the menu, as well as sparking water! I ate better at a McDonald's than ever before or ever since.


The salad features hummus and grilled chicken alongside black rice, edamame, and green and red cabbage. To finish off the dish, the salad is drizzled with a sweet and tangy chili dressing.

The next time the kids wanted to hit Mickey D's, they got a big YES from me.

Little did I know that I should have said yes even more than I did. I figured Sweden just got to "test" the salad until they rolled it out in the U.S. But no! Now I know McDonald's offers different menu items all over the world!

And I'm left mourning for a tasty, budget-friendly salad from a restaurant that my kids love, too.

Such a strange thing to be craving McDonald's!

As an aside, I think not only would I consider this McDonald's item as a factor in my decision to go back to Sweden, but ... it may just drive my tourism destinations in other areas.

Check out the Cadbury Creme Egg McFlurry, available only in Canada and Australia, and only at Easter:



Come on, big arches! Bring me joy in my home town!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment